Joint Publication 3-17
Air Mobility Operations
5 February 2019
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
REVISION OF JOINT PUBLICATION 3-17
DATED 20 SEPTEMBER 2013
• Updates relationships and roles.
• Updates for consistency with other joint publications (JPs).
• Adds description of air mobility liaison officers.
• Updates information on joint deployment and distribution operations center, joint task forces, host-nation support, mobility air forces cost avoidance tankering, public affairs, and Army aviation.
• Adds descriptions of United States Navy and United States Marine Corps reserve airlift.
• Clarifies and reorganizes mission funding categories.
• Clarifies role of the director of mobility forces.
• Removes tactical details of airdrop and arrivals.
• Reorganizes order of chapters and updates chapter on Air Mobility Support.
• Updates aeromedical evacuation section and removes redundancy with JP 4-02, Joint Health Services.
• Updates description of channel airlift missions to distinguish between distribution and contingency channels, as well as role of United States
• Updates mobility support to special operations.